04.01.2006 21 °C
Today was overcast and a bit chilly. Lisa and I slept in and just spent a lazy day walking around and doing some shopping. I'm desparate to find some new flip flops. Mine are crap. We ended up at Darling Harbor at the Outback center. They have a diggereedoo (I don't know how to spell it) demonstration where a guy teaches you all about playing and the history of the instrument. It was really informative and fun. Lisa and I tried to play one but it's a lot harder then it looks. All we could do is make this sort of farting noise on it. Not quite so nice . That's about it today. We're leaving tomorrow night for a fun 14 hour bus trip to byron bay. I'm looking forward to the beach. I hope the weather warms up a bit.
Since our time in Sydney is coming to a close I thought it would be fun to list some of the things that happened to us that pissed us or other people off at the time but are sure funny now.
1) At the airport the girl at the desk sent our luggage down the shoot witout putting tags on them. She then sent down a little note to the guys loading the baggage "Hey there, can you put these tags on the two backpacks, thanks". Thankfully we did get our bags.
2) Seeing the remnants of a fight at the zoo... who would fight at the zoo??
3) Going to Manly beach and hanging out on the harbor side of the place thinking that was the only beach. We ended up finding the oceanside an hour before we had to leave. We've learned to stop at tourist info spots and get a map before we do anything.
4) Locking ourselves out of our room at 8pm New Year's Eve while in our towels. Thankfully the manager was downstairs at the bar getting drunk and came up to let us in.
5) I was woken up at 4 in the moring New Year's Day by one of our drunk roomates banging on the door. When I get up to open it for him he says to me "about f###ing time" and walks in. He does not remember doing that.
6) Standing in a 20 minute line to go to the movies and when we're the next ones up to pay decide that we don't want to see a movie anymore.
7) While walking down George street from the Rocks and Italian tourist asks us where the bars are at the Rocks. Just coming from there I point west and Lisa points North and we both say no I'm sure that's the way. We proceeded to fight with each other about which way it was. Poor guy I'm sure he was sorry he asked us .
Well Sydney has been interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing more of australia.